Monday, August 5, 2013

The Reason We Came July 18, 2013


Visiting the pandas was the purpose of our visit to Chengdu and I am so thrilled that it turned out okay.  We went to the Panda Research Centre this morning and I saw what I wanted to see.

I was disappointed this morning that it was raining, but that turned out to be the best thing....pandas don't like the higher temperatures so today they were outside and not in their enclosures escaping the heat.

The Centre is one of the most peaceful places I have visited in a long time.  It's been developed to imitate the wild setting of the pandas and I believe they have successfully done that.

It was a great morning even with the rain (only our second day of rain).  
The pandas are as lazy as they look and the staff has to trick them and reward them into getting exercise...maybe someone should do that with me!

Believe me, I have far more pictures of these cuddly creatures!

We heard today that there are only 1600 giant pandas left in the world, some on loan to other countries.








No comments: