Saturday, August 3, 2013

Been There...Done That July 3, 2013


When deciding on a place to eat yesterday we thought maybe we should eat authentic Chinese and what could be more authentic than Peking Duck in the city formerly known as Peking?

The restaurant came highly recommended and it was close enough to walk to...what could be better?

They used every bit of the duck as the appetizers of crispy skin and duck livers rolled in sesame seeds can attest to. I knew I was in trouble when I couldn't eat the liver, one food I usually can't get enough of.  The duck's head stared at us all evening!!

We chose to try the roasted duck, cut and sliced at the table, with crepes or pancakes. The first one tasted okay (may have been the hunger or it may have been the huge beer in front of me), but by the second one all I could taste was fat!

Jim was a little more adventuresome trying more of the meal than the rest of us.

We thought we were finished with this ordeal, when at the end they brought a duck soup to our table. Fred took a sip while Alice declared it smelled like feathers....that was enough for me. No duck soup!

The restaurant was huge and very busy. The experience was fun and I'm glad we took the time to try the duck, but never again will duck meat cross these lips!






No comments: