Saturday, August 17, 2013

Day of Rafting July 24, 2013


Another tough day at the office.  In other words, a day of rafting on the Li River!  We spent three hours on the water checking out the life on one of the major rivers of China.

The raft was only capable of holding four people plus the pilot.  It was small and noisy and in one hour I was ready to turn back.  

Good thing we didn't, as eventually we made it to the Yangtze River, giving me the chance to say I have been on three of the four longest rivers in the world.   


I may have to stretch that a bit as we weren't exactly on the river, just the joining of the Li and the Yangtze.  I should earn points for admitting that!!

The rest of the afternoon was spent getting rid of our Yuan on some gifts and souvenirs.  I don't know why as the zipper on my backpack has already started to rip....maybe a good thing.  New carry on in the future? 

No comments: