Monday, August 19, 2013

Farewell July 29, 2013


It's time to say good bye to China. Travelling like this for a month is not easy as there are constant decisions to be made, sites to see, hotels to check in and out of and planes to catch.

We had seven domestic flights and although most of them were comfortable and safe, it is always a strain dealing with the lack of communications and the huge crowds.

In a country of 1.5 billion people there are bound to be some pushy people....our elbows have callouses on them from fighting to keep our spot in line!

Sometimes I felt that the noise level had reached the top end of the scale.  People were having to speak louder than we are used to, just to be heard.  

I'm not complaining, we chose this trip knowing what we were up against and we were prepared for most of it.  The poor table manners, the spitting and the snorting were all new to us and I'm trying to be polite here.

But, no matter how tired I may look in the picture, it was a great adventure.  Give me a few weeks and I will be ready to take on Egypt or Mongolia or India, but not Africa.

No comments: