Friday, February 12, 2016

Rather Jittery

After last night's riot of the rat-sized cockroaches, I am a little on edge. I think I am sleep deprived from the worry of the next planned invasion!

Art and Sue took us to the depot in Guaymas so we could catch the bus to Hermosillo and on to the airport. We had a little incident in Guaymas when a guy turned too sharp when backing out and got wedged underneath Art's end gate. This was solved after a few hand gestures and the aid of a stranger.

The bus was about twenty minutes late leaving so the driver too it upon himself to make up time in every 60 km/h zone he could find. It was nothing to see him hit 100km/hour. School zones be damned!

Once I accepted that and the fact that he was going to go 120 on a narrow road, he started eating his lunch! It must have been a messy meal because he had to find napkins to wipe his face and hands....all while going 120.

Finally, I started to relax until I heard a text notification and sure enough he answered it....still going 120! It wasn't a comfortable trip, but we made it to the airport in one piece.

Hopefully the flight to Mexico City has more sensible people in control.

Darn cockroaches spoiled my day!


2 comments:

ars said...

omg....you've grossed me out...rat-sized cockroaches!!!
Glad to hear you survived the bus ride and caught the plane in time.

colleen said...

Believe me...they were like rats. Only difference was in the tails!