Thursday, January 30, 2014

Not Our Wisest Choices

We were both in desperate need of haircuts and finding a good one in Merida is very difficult without knowing someone who lives here.

Fred was certain that he saw a shop when we got off the bus last week...so we walked the 2 kms to the place and found out it was a school that teaches bleaching, nails and some styling of women's hair.  They took pity on us and agreed to cut Fred's hair.

Some of the students watched closely while the instructor cut and gave a running commentary.  I wasn't that brave and declined!


I maybe wasn't that brave, but I wasn't thinking clearly either, I just walked down the street and took the first shop I found.  Don't ask me why?

The lady waved me in and I just climbed in her chair.  She didn't have a clue what she was doing, but thankfully she only took about twenty cuts before sticking a bunch of gel in my hair and telling me she was finished.

She ran a small grocery store that happened to have two barber chairs inside so she thought she could cut hair!  On top of that she kept watching her soaps while snipping away.





I guess we can live with the end result....$7.00 Cdn for both!

1 comment:

ars said...

Too funny! Farah...move on over!! Is that really your hair Colleen? And just think...$7 AND you got to catch up on the Soaps too..bonus!!
Fred, maybe you ended up with a cut like Don's (no guard on the clipper will do that).
Looking good you two!!