Monday, August 22, 2011

Complexities of Vietnamese Streets

We are planning our strategy to find tonight's restaurant. I have marked the route on my tattered Saigon city map and have also written down the directions on a notepad. Let me know if you know any shortcuts.

From our hotel (Sanouva) on Ly Tu Trong, turn left, go one block and turn right on Truong Dinh. After one block turn left at Nguyen Du. After two blocks turn right at Cach Mang Thang Tam. In three blocks turn left at Nguyen Thi Minh Khai. In four blocks (only if you are on the north side of Nguyen Thi Minh Khai) turn right at Nguyen Thuong Hien. In about 320 metres turn left into Duong So 4 alley and then in about 400 metres you will find Phan Van Dat. The Black Cat restaurant is #13.

I wonder if I have to take a map or if I have it down pat now? Thank God Colleen isn't leading!!

See you there.

Fred.



2 comments:

alijimpip said...

You would've gotten there easily had you taken cach mang tam thang instead of cach mang thang tam and then turned left on Nguyen Minh thi khai not Nguyen thi Minh khai ........ think.

alijimpip said...

"i think" is what I meant to say at end of last post.......I'm not absolutely positive..... I'll have to check with mr GPS Jim.