Friday, January 4, 2008

Winter Golfing


We are not receiving the rain that the Southern US is, but today did start out cloudy. Regardless, we decided to hit the San Carlos Links and it turned out to be a good decision as the temperature went to 26 degrees by 2:00 - no wind. We have been hitting the ball fairly well so we are pleased with the results. The cost is $101 US for eighteen holes [including cart, local micro beer, and a cheeseburger]. It is a little more expensive than we had hoped so we will have to restrict the number of rounds played as we want to keep the golf budget in check for a foursome in Naco, Arizona.

Totonaka is now quite full as many people moved down after the New Year. We even have some people from Idaho looking at our 5th wheel with the hopes they can buy ours or one like it. Who knows, we may come home without the Kodiak.

I am entering my first 5k run on January 20th. I have been working hard in hopes of being ready for this event - it is in support of the San Carlos ambulance system. I know Fred will be ready, but I'm not so sure of my abilities as I am only up to 2 miles right now. I will keep you posted with my progress.

1 comment:

Senor Ping said...

$101... geez... how many cheeseburgers are you eating? I think it is supposed to be 18 holes, not 18 cheeseburgers!

db