Monday, January 14, 2008

Practice! Practise! (Your choice)

Before I embarrass myself in the upcoming 5K run, we decided to do a trial run. To make the trip home a little easier we moved the truck for the first time in days and dropped off our bikes at the end point [San Carlos Beach Club]. We started the run from Totonaka rather than the Athletic Club which shortened the run to 4.1 KM. It took me 35 minutes to complete the run - I say 'me' because I slowed Fred down quite a bit. Regardless, it looks like this run won't kill me completely.

We spent a pleasant afternoon visiting with Ray/Bev Keys and Beryl/Carson Robinson on Saturday. They were parked in Mirador RV and had plans to head towards La Penita area on Sunday.

We don't know if it is the slower American economy, but yesterday [Sunday] Mirador RV Park closed due to lack of business. This park was a huge, American style camp located on a rise overlooking the water. Also on Sunday morning JC's Cafe closed shop. This was a popular restaurant operated by a Canadian woman from BC.

I forget if I mentioned it before, but we have heard the Mexican Government has stopped the flat deck transport of RVs across Copper Canyon. This meant the cancellation of 20 - 30 caravans so that may have had a lot to do with Mirador's decision.

We are heading to the gym in a few minutes and the we are off to find a barber for both of us. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: