Thursday, January 31, 2008

Old Friend


The winner, in my humble opinion, of last year's best bartender hunt was Alejandro. We often visited with him on our infamous Tecate Tuesdays. I thought I was in love!

This year Alec was a no-show until last Tuesday [just a coincidence Snowflake] when we stopped at Froggies for a Corona, lime and tarro. He was only a visitor at Froggies, but he recognized us immediately. He is no longer working as a waiter and has moved to Guaymas where he is taking Civil Engineering at the college.

He hasn't changed much except for putting on the "Freshman Fifteen". We didn't have our camera with us so I am showing a picture from last year. He is still a sweet young man and I'm sure Snowflake is very envious.

2 comments:

Snowflake said...

You're very cruel! Here we sit in -35 (with wind chill
-50) temperatures and first you have to remind us about the fresh fruits and vegetables at Tony's and the shrimp and flounder from Abel. Now you bring up Froggies and Alec. I know you will be able to bring some limes, shrimp and flounder for us but I guess I'll just have to settle for a corona served by Senor Ping.

colleen said...

S. Ping is not quite as good looking as Alec, but you could tip him anyway - the going rate is 20 pesos.