Friday, January 13, 2017

My Time Alone

With Fred home in Saskatoon celebrating his mom's 92nd birthday I was ready to make some changes:

I get to go for my morning hike as early as I want and not have to wait for half an hour while someone moans and groans about being forced out of bed so early...8:00 am is not early!

I get to watch Diners, Drive Ins and Dives instead of Global Saskatoon, without any snide remarks and complaints.

I get to throw out any food that is older than three days and not hear "I would have eaten that"!

I get to throw out the oldest and ugliest clothes in both our closets and not have to take the time to cut them into rags or save them for a time when "I might need that".

I can let my reading glasses and sunglasses get as dirty as I want and not have someone take them and polish them, all the while asking me how I can see.

I get to stay up past 8:00 pm.

That being said, I have been doing a lot of work around the RV. I used my whippersnipper to clean up all the grass around the 5th wheel and I trimmed all the grass underneath using my trusty hand clipper.

I weeded the hedge bordering our site and I re-arranged all the food and clothes inside the unit. I cleaned the screens and looked at the dirty windows [I don't do windows...it is easier to close the blinds].

Am I bored? Maybe a little!

All the boredom in the world won't get me to wash the truck or wipe down the 5th wheel. Those also go in the "I don't do that" category.








2 comments:

alijimpip said...

OK -- SO THERE MAY BE SOME GENES INVOLVED HERE......

"8:00 am is not early! " JIM'S WITH YOU --- me not so much

"I would have eaten that"!. .I REALLY WOULD!

I get to throw out the oldest and ugliest clothes in both our closets I'M WITH YOU---HOWEVER YOU WOULD NOT KNOW IT BY MY CLOSET ( and JIM?? well you've seen photos from our last 7 years of trips---Jim is wearing the same " favourite" shirts)

"I can let my reading glasses and sunglasses get as dirty as I want ...." HOW CAN YOU SEE??!! (JIM didn't read that part as his glasses were so dirty he could not see)

I get to stay up past 8:00 pm....I'M WITH YOU ON THIS ONE --- and you know where jim's stands ( or lies) on this one.


ars said...

Oh,oh...you better have Fred's favourite supper ready for him when he gets home tomorrow night. He's been pouting ever since he's read your blog😥
We (and Mawsie) have totally enjpyed his visit ....thanks for sharing him😀
See you in March🤗