Sunday, March 15, 2015

Auction

I had to assist with the park's Chinese Auction [I don't know why we haven't been reprimanded for the name] so Fred, Anne and Rick just took it easy today.  They found the energy to walk to Tony's for a few groceries before Fred dragged them to the clubhouse for a quick look.



The Chinese Auction is much like a community garage sale with the park making the money, not the donators.  If you see something you like you buy a ticket and put it in the bag connected to the selected item.  If your name is drawn, you win that item, along with all the other junk we put with the "good" item.  My name was drawn for a juicer, but I had to take all the cards, towels and just plain junk that came with it.  Thank goodness the Mexican workers and their families are here and are often willing to take the rest of the goodies home.

The heat was brutal today, so for me it was a quick bite to eat and off the bed by 8:30. I knew I was not taking the time to drink enough water and sure enough the headache arrived just when I thought it would.

4 comments:

alijimpip said...

looks like a pretty good turnout for the auction. And juicer sounds like a good draw! ----do you pay to play the game?

colleen said...

Yup...50 pesos for 15 tickets! Of course I spent more than that!

ars said...

better make sure the Kalenchuk's didn't buy too much - no room in their carryon to bring home!!

colleen said...

They seem to think a few bags of peanuts will fit nicely!