Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Baseball Fix





I can scratch another "to do" from my MLB bucket list and that was to see Chase Stadium and the Arizona Diamondbacks. I have seen the Diamondbacks play many times but never at Chase Field, only at Spring Training in Tucson. I am narrowing the list of teams and stadiums down, but if I continue with only one a year I may be over 100 before I complete my list.

We found a hotel within walking distance of the stadium which made it perfect for the evening game.

As usual, we went early to watch batting practise and to check out the stadium. Chase Field is a modern and impressive stadium but it lacks the character of Wrigley Field and the old Yankee Stadium. Boston's Fenway Park is my next goal...maybe next summer.

We had ground level seats just by the visitors dugout so we had a spectacular view of the game. Well worth the money.

1 comment:

alijimpip said...

wow-----fantastic seats....beautiful stadium. ...and walking distance- can't get much better than that!