Sunday, March 14, 2010

Fishing Village


Doesn't everyone dust their truck in the morning? I'm sure Adelle didn't know what she was getting into when she volunteered to help Fred. Of course, the crowd had to heckle!


We took a driving tour of a small fishing village just outside San Carlos. La Manga is an real eye-opener every time we venture out there. It definitely does not cater to tourists - the residents are too busy ensuring their own survival.



Two young boys were opening some kind of snail or conch shells to extract the meat, but with our limited Spanish we couldn't find out what they were called.

2 comments:

alijimpip said...

OK--- dusting the truck!I'm contacting social services...( sibling abuse) ....on the other hand, at least you're not scraping frost off the windshield.

wannabe hombre said...

OK...now I know it must be a 'humeny' thing....this obsession with clean vehicles....your in Mexico for pedro's sake!

I think before I venture down for a visit, I will need to email Fred the definition of "holiday"

However, dusting in sunny warm Mexico still beats anything we could be doing at home!