Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Shipment

Long before we thought of what to take to Puerto Aventuras, we decided we were not going to go with the checked luggage plan. We, instead, decided to ship some stuff to our condo via DHL [Mexico's UPS].

We shipped two large boxes of things we need here and things that won't be going home, along with my new golf bag. My old one rotted from being left in the summer heat of San Carlos and finding a golf bag in Mexico is next to impossible.

We spent hours bubble wrapping the stuff we needed [and some we just plain wanted] so were quite confident that everything would arrive in tact. And it did!!

Except for my books...one box was ripped open and I lost 12 of my favourite authors! I am old school and I don't want to use my tablet to read a book so now I must suffer. But, on a good note, thirteen of them made it so can't complain too much.



We decided to ship two jars of my homemade pickles in the cardboard wine container and they made it here without spilling a drop!


If you know Fred and I at all, you would know that this box was packed perfectly....that's how it left San Carlos but not how it arrived!



No comments: