Thursday, November 26, 2015

First Game

I have always wanted to go to an American College football game and in Nashville I got my chance. Vanderbilt vs Texas A & M.

One of the things I was most interested in was the tailgate parties that are prevalent throughout US football stadiums. This tailgate party was a little disappointing as they didn't have it in a parking lot, but rather in a blocked off street. Regardless, it was fun....Texas A & M fans throw a far better party than their Vanderbilt counterparts.




Texas gave away free t shirts, crying towels, beer and hot dogs. They had a fire pit going trying to keep people warm on this cold day.

About five minutes into the game I braved the cold wind and stated to walk to my seat, took a look at one field goal and walked to the Marriot Hotel next door and watched the game in the comfort of a lounge with a nice, big glass of wine. I never did sit down in my $100 USD seat!

I had gone to game with Mo's brother and his wife....we had agreed to meet in front of the Marriot when we were ready to head back to downtown. As I was leaving the lounge to go meet them, I found them just leaving the lounge. They, too, had been cold and watched the game in comfort. It was a rather large lounge!





Don't let the small crowds fool you...the stadium filled up. The empty seats were in the warm up.

No comments: