Sunday, June 28, 2015

Slow Start

We usually fly out of Calgary when travelling to Asia, but this time we wanted to save driving time so we flew Sasktoon to Calgary. It also gave us a chance to spend time with Fred's mom.

I'm not sure how much time we really saved as we got stuck in a delay in Saskatoon airport due to an incident aboard a flight from Halifax to Edmonton....the plane had to land in Saskatoon which threw all schedules off.

However, we did arrive safely and spent the night at the Delta right at the airport. I really enjoyed this as it saved so much time in the morning...this is very important when travelling with someone who hates to get up early.

We got away at our 6:00 am scheduled time and are now spending three hours waiting in San Francisco for our connecting flight to Tokyo. I keep thinking that this is going to be a very long day. I will post again in Saigon to let you know if the day was as long as I feared.

1 comment:

alijimpip said...

I'll be watching for your post from balmy ( or is it hot and sticky) HCMC. See you soon.