Saturday, January 17, 2015

Hike

Today we decided that it was time to rid our bodies of the excess weight caused by consuming multiple perogies at Fred's mom's while there a week ago. We hiked the 10.2 Km mountain route north of town and it was a little steeper than I remember!

We knew we had to cross the river and most everyone took off their socks and shoes for the crossing. Not me....I had a better plan! I wore plastic bags over my hiking shoes. It would have worked perfectly except for the fact that the rocks in the river tore holes in the bags and my feet got soaked. I made it up and down without any blisters forming from the wet socks, but in town we had to squeeze the water out of my socks .



In recent days someone has put up a fence that we needed to by-pass.  We think it was to keep the horses out, but who knows?


The scenery at the top of the hike makes it all worthwhile. It is a beautiful display of the jungle, the mountains and the Pacific Ocean.




No comments: