Saturday, December 11, 2010

Where Are My Skates?



I like their zamboni!



The school children and the Canadians have been waiting for this day! The local government of Guaymas installed an outdoor skating rink so the people of Guaymas could experience the thrill of skating. They even had the Mexican national skating champion booked for a performance.

Alas, the ice melted!

We went yesterday to see the rink and were as disappointed as the kids. We understand that the portable ice plant failed and couldn't keep up with the 28C weather. They hope to get things up and running next week, but I have my doubts. For a country that has been experiencing extremely high electrical rates, this seems a little extravagant.

We are going again next week and if the ice is in [and if they have skates] I am going to give it a try.

No comments: