Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's Cold


The weather has turned cool. Temperatures dropped from 27 or 28C to 19 or 20C, with clouds and a hint of showers.

We were going to an evening concert a few nights ago when the temperatures started to go down, hence the long pants and jacket. The crazy Saskatchewanians we met prior to the show didn't seem to notice the cool weather. The two in white are our neighbours and were the bearers of the Christmas shrimp cocktail.

The concert was put on to support the orphans of Guaymas with raffle prizes being donated by local businesses. I was the lucky winner of an evening out to one of the many restaurants in San Carlos. The tables did fill up - this picture was taken early in the evening.

8 comments:

ars said...

Cold...right! You don't know what cold is, honey! I walked across the bridge this morning to work in -37c with the windchill. I couldn't feel my face by the end of the bridge! Suck it up!

colleen said...

A free cerveza to the one who identifies the man on the right with the yellow shirt in the first photo. Hint - Saskatoon rate payers may know him.

fh

ars said...

Don's guess is....Maurice Neault.
Please courier cerveza to our home address.

ars said...

correction....Don would like to collect his winnings in person down south as he believes that was implied in the contest rules.

wannabe hombre said...

sí, quiero mi cerveza entregada en persona por favor

Don Juan

colleen said...

Usted es correcto Sr Juan. El premio está para aquí solamente. Estamos buscando una agencia de viajes reputable para arreglar un vuelo aquí para usted.
Estancia sediento mi amigo.

wannabe hombre said...

my spanish is rusty, but I believe my rough translation of your message would be:

"You are correct Mr Juan. The prize is for here only. We are seeking a reputable travel agency to book a flight here for you. Stay thirsty my friend"

I am looking forward to my Fred-Express, I mean Fed-Express ticket to your hacienda!!

colleen said...

Your translation is correct Sr. Juan. However, the prize has been claimed!

Stay thirsty my friend, there may be other contests!