Monday, March 21, 2016

A Lazy Sunday

Sunday's are supposed to be relaxing and quiet, but yesterday we tried to match Adelle and Don's weekend schedule.  No luck...they won again!!

Early in the morning I went to watch some of the pickle ball tournament that many of our friends were competing in. Fred stayed in bed claiming he couldn't sleep all night because of the music from the disco down the street. Not me! I didn't hear a thing and had a great sleep.


At 9:00 we joined some other friends on the golf course, again spending time with the horses. A quick lunch after the game left us plenty of time to hit Bands on the Beach...a musical afternoon in support of needy children from Guaymas.



I don't know why I bother to go to this yearly event as I always seem to get caught up in the silent auction. This year I bought two certificates for two different restaurants in San Carlos plus a two night stay in a boutique hotel in Banamichi, a town four hours from here. It is supposedly a wonderful little place with lots to see and do. We shall see....a $350 USD deal that I bought for 500 Pesos [39.00 Cdn].

The place was packed with Castaway Kids supporters along with some sort of athletic competition that was held at the same location. The music was great, the weather was hot and the food was good. Nothing better than that.







3 comments:

ars said...

ok, now I have another sport to learn...Pickle Ball....so that we can enter in next yrs tourney. That should entice Don some more! Good deal on the boutique hotel - can't go wrong with 29.00CDN !!

colleen said...

Sorry. I made a mistake...it should be 39.00 Cdn

ars said...

Oh, well...that is probably too dear for you guys.