Sunday, April 13, 2014

Saying Goodbye

Friends from Edmonton are leaving today and we pull out on Wednesday so we decided to spend our last night together at a beautiful beach restaurant.

The restaurant we chose is situated on the same beach as our favourite beach bar, but this is a little more classy and requires that we dress up!  No barefeet and floppy hats!


It was a quiet evening because the drive to Tucson is not an easy one and it requires the driver's full attention.....sleep is required!  This is Semana Santa week and the Mexicans are starting to come to San Carlos by the thousands.

Yesterday we filled with gas, got pesos from the ATM and bought some groceries for the trip home.  San Carlos has been known to run out of gas and pesos when Semana Santa starts so we made sure we were early.

We have tons of things to do before we are ready, although many are last minute details.  Chuyita is coming tomorrow to help us clean out the fridge, stove etc.  No bus for her...she takes home all our extra food so we always need to drive her back to Guaymas.

It has been hot and cloudy for the last three days, although that is to change today with the temperatures hitting 34C with lots of sun.

I have been a little slower than usual due to a bike crash on Thursday.  We ride our bikes everyday and most days we ride up this certain incline near home.  I never have a problem handling this section of the road, but on Thursday I ran out of strength near the very top and my bike started to slide back down.  I controlled it for a bit, but eventually it took me backwards and I fell.  My left leg received some rather nasty cuts and I banged my head on the cement.  The worst injury is to my right elbow which I'm sure I used to protect myself.  Helmets are now required by law in Mexico and I for one will be following the rules next year!


But...it didn't stop me from going to Zumba the next day!




1 comment:

ars said...

Fancy restaurant that serves beer...my kind of fancy!!

Colleen, you better invest in a good helmet. Better safe than sorry. p.s why didn the lil piggy save you?