Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Morning Routine

Who would have thought that I would give up my weekly golf game to go to a Cardio Pilates class?  But, that is exactly what I have been doing all winter.  The class is so addicting that I cringe whenever there is a possibility of missing the workout.

Six out of seven days finds me at the gym until 10:45 am. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the busiest and hardest working days.  On those days Pilates starts at 8:00 am and continues until 9:20.  We just have enough time to grab our breathe before an hour of Zumba.

Zumba is a fun-filled hour Monday to Friday.  The Zumba instructors give us a fast paced workout - much like a Zumba Cardio class I took last year.  We do Zumba in the small dance studio and often it is so full of sweaty bodies that the mirrors steam up.

On Saturday there are no classes so I do my own workout for a couple of hours and then I am free until Monday morning!

Fred doesn't join me in the gym and I'm sure he is thrilled that I am gone most of the morning.  He gets to tinker with whatever he likes, without any hassle from me!!








The gym in San Carlos is outfitted with a lap pool, tennis courts, snack bar, pilates room,  spinning bikes and all the regular equipment a person could want.  It is a loud and noisy place and I wouldn't have it any other way.





2 comments:

ars said...

ok, the pilates room looks like some scientic experiment apparatus. Good for you Colleen!

alijimpip said...

I liked the pilates but can't imagine doing Zumba everyday afterwards...you are becoming a " fitness machine" -- good on ya!