Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hangover Breakfast

Fred and I didn't have any special plans for New Year's Eve so we volunteered to spend a couple of hours working at the bar for Tecalai's Dine and Dance. The Committee had hired local Mexicans to be behind the bar, but they are unable to handle the club's cash so we took that upon ourselves.

Imagine our confusion when we were introduced to the four workers - Luis, Luis, Luis and Luis Manuel! All the Luises worked hard and kept the bar hopping!

People often need a pick-me-up after a night of dancing and celebration so Fred and I hosted a "Hangover Breakfast" for 25 of our neighbours at 9:00 am. It was a huge success and many left here full and ready for an early morning nap. The camera remained hidden this morning!!

The first day in 2012 was hot and sunny which meant "the beach"!

Happy New Year to all!

3 comments:

alijimpip said...

Breakfast sounds like a great idea.....especially for your neighbours. And did I read a bike ride to soggy peso? Now that is what I call a perfect day (assuming you have a ride home!)

alijimpip said...

AND........guess what I got for Christmas?
The book Catch 22.....I will be able to picture the setting....at least the moVie setting.

ars said...

hhmmm...I've never tried my recipe as a Hangover Breakfast. Good to hear it stayed down ;-)
Happy 2012 you three!