Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just For Baby Sis!






Part way through our BBQ and stairway renovation we decided that it was far too messy to go through this again so we had the crew build us a deck on our roof at the same time. I wasn't completely sold on the idea as I prefer to have my feet planted firmly on the ground and not on some higher structure, but I have to admit that I really like the area.

We made the deck somewhat presentable with some old outdoor furniture and now we are just starting to enjoy the addition. The BBQ patio will just have to wait until we can get to Tucson as outdoor furniture is extremely expensive in Mexico.

There is still some work to be done before we can call the job complete. We don't have electricity in either area and the iron railings between the cement walls still need to be installed.

Considering the only electrical tool used was the radio, it is amazing to see what Mexicans can accomplish using so very little.

2 comments:

ars said...

WOW! Baby Sis is very impressed!
Now how come you couldn't have had that done for me last winter? It's tempting to come down and try it out...I can just picture me with my cervesa and Maggs on the deck....aaahhhh! Maybe next year. Very VERY nice.

colleen said...

Thanks. Watching this from start to finish was amazing.....they have such a unique way with brick and cement.

Will post pictures when the railings are in. Alberto says four days, so maybe four weeks!