Friday, April 4, 2008

Another Heat Wave in Salome

After my run this morning, Lenore visited our RV site and told us the forecast was for heat and wind. Like Maggie, we hate the wind, so within the hour we were on the course. The workers were reseeding the greens so only eight holes were open - we played 18 by replaying as many hole as we could. The wind never did appear.

Yesterday, on a day off from golfing, Doug and Lenore drove to Parker to check out a course that all of us have heard many good things about. The Baileys were pleased with what they saw, so on Sunday we will likely move to Parker, Arizona. We don't know much about the city so will have to rely on their guidance.

After Parker we will probably hit different trails, as we 'may' be going to Death Valley, California and Doug and Lenore 'may' go toward Zion National Park in Utah. The "may" plays a prominent part in winters like this.

We missed out on the park's 'pitch and putt', but congratulate me as I won the cumulative week score for our foursome - even par of 66! ( I guess you can tell by this score that the course is not a regulation size course and there is only one par five). Senior play!

BTW -For those who read Lenore's blog, I am truly embarrassed by her behaviour yesterday at 'The Bookman' in Quartzite. If I had know she would take such suggestive pictures I would have distanced myself from her and her fantasies... in reality I am very envious and would love to stop at the "Bookman" and see what he has to offer.

No comments: